Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Xiamen - Computer 106






















Wednesday, forgot the day but have only today to finish my 3 paintings they have to be dry by Friday.

Apparently they have organised a large show. I mean a large show, the gallery is the same size as one and half bottom floors of TLC. Unbelievable the dimensions here. As I said the school complex is 20 square km.

The students are very inquisitive, and find myself being covered by them.

This Friday is also my floor talk, if I run out of things to say I will utter in Dutch (joking).

The scenery is beautiful and hope soon to be able to send some photos. But in the mean time I am sitting in a ash tray updating my blog . It feels here a bit like Singapore in the early seventies.

The people are very friendly and far more patient with each other. There is lots of pressure to succeed and during the school time there are no students walking about on the campus except meeeee!!

I am cool and will go to the studio and finish those paintings. I am working in the same studio as John Walsh.

I went to the Art School on Gulang Yu island.This is situated Just of the coast of Xiamen .

Here are some photos of the Students art work in natural lacquer . The panels are quite large and multi layered. One uses lichens for the basis of the lacquer.








Also visited several studio's with students working on lacquer paintings . Hereby some photo's of their works .
Adios my friends Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment