Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thursday and we have a down pour here, but still quite warm.
























































The burning of Money for the land lord

I went the other day to look at some buildings created in the Tang dynasty around 1200 AD.
They are round buildings and at the time some 200 people lived in them, but now a mere 30. They bought their coffins when they were about fifty for security and were stored on the top floor.
The United States saw them from Outer Space and accused China about creating rocket launchers. Not a bad guess but they were 800yrs too late.

Time is running out and hopefully the University is producing a catalogue of our works.
It is sort of expected that we gift a work. I will take the works I started on back to NZ and finish these ones off properly and gift the one I have taken to China.

I will be leaving Saturday for New Zealand and then I will be pasting some photos of the journey. So stay tuned.

The Chinese food is fantastic. Yesterday we met some officials from the council and had a dinner.

I had for dinner snake, sea cucumber, shark fin soup, quail, sea mermaid fish and lots of pickles and rice.

All things here are in transition and the officials in some era's play still a large role.

The Arts is not what it is like in NZ and so far we saw little or non to speak of art galleries which sold peoples works. But then again I just didn't see them.

The people here are very friendly and try their English on me, that is a bad thing, they will start to speak with a dutch accent.

Will get this up dated next week with the photos.

Namaste Robert

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert,

    I guess that like others I am looking forward to seeing some images of the work you are doing when you have time to upload them.

    cheers

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures of China, Robert.

    Fantastic.

    Safe travelling back to Aotearoa/NZ.

    ReplyDelete