Monday, June 1, 2009

Another sunny day in Xiamen 30 and hot hot hot !!!






















Sitting on computer number 141 surrounded by the sounds of Chinese talking no sense, at least not to me. I found out why I can't put things on blog because I am in China and mysteriously things appear on blog via a reliable source at TLC.

I am about halfway through a painting which will go on show by the end of this week , so keep working Franken.
Decided not to do a large work, so what did I do, a large work: 3000x by 1800 mm . Oil of course, it dries slowly in this heat, but that makes things interesting .
Meeting up today with one of the lecturers of the Art school who will translate my floor talk on Friday.
At least talking comes easier than writing .

Most subjects thought here are coming from the Chinese tradition . I think the visit is quite an eye opener for them as it is mine .

About Chinese drivers , being over here , has given me also an understanding of why they drive the way they do .
One keeps an eye on one another , traffic comes from all directions and they just move out of each others way , without getting upset.

I visited the Art School in Xiamen , here are some works with synthetic lacquer .

Visiting the markets here is interesting and tasting all the fruits I haven't seen before makes this trip colourful.












Went to a large reclaimed island turned into gardens (JiaheGardens) and have expressions of the different part of China , like bonsai and houses from the different districts . Also there is a spot to represent NZ.
Hope to get to see a Chinese opera before I go.

Well I can hear my painting calling me from afar. Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment