Monday, August 30, 2010

"When Dreams visit dreams " series of paintings

This painting is about the trickster the one that appears and disappears.
The shape sifter.
The shapes one can see in the corner of ones eye , but when one looks they have disappeared
These shots give an understanding how I have gone about the making of the painting.
I painted the canvas first burnt Amber, then I gilded over the top with Slagen Metal (Brass) and a little Aluminium Leaf.
The next stage I wiped burned amber over the top to Patinate the canvas and give it that feel of looking old.
When that was dry I wiped a thick layer of Burnt amber over the top and started with a soft cloth and brush to make the sketch in the wet paint and hereby shaped the undercoating of my painting .
As seen in the first image.
After I started to build the colours over the top.
Avoiding working in solid colours.
Other ways I would lose the image and than what is the point of using the gold underneath.
I worked the painting in Layers.





No comments:

Post a Comment